Fluffy Coconut Flour Pancakes
When I started my diet, I tried to look for breakfast recipes I could make other than eggs. I found out there are a lot of substitutions available for all-purpose flour. When I went to trader joe's the other day, I found coconut flour. So I came home and wanted to try making some pancakes. I wasn't sure how well they would turn out and how the texture and consistency would be. Since I didn't have much experience, I searched for recipes and I read many reviews before attempting to make these! I followed FoodieFiasco's recipe and I was pretty happy with the results!
2 tbsp. coconut flour
1/8 tsp. baking powder
1/8 tsp. baking soda
1/4 tsp. salt
1/4 tsp. cinnamon
1 tbsp. sugar
1/4 cup milk
1 tsp. vanilla extract
1. In a bowl, add coconut flour, baking powder, baking soda, salt, cinnamon, and sugar. Whisk the mixture.
2. In a separate bowl, whisk the eggs, milk, and vanilla extract.
3. Add the egg, milk, vanilla extract mixture to the bowl of the dry ingredients. Stir until the mixture is uniform and no chunks of flour are visible in the batter.
4. Heat a skillet over medium-high heat. Grease the skillet with butter. Add about 1/4 cup of the batter onto the skillet and spread. The pancake will rise.
5. With a spatula, lift up lightly and check whether it has darkened on the bottom.
6. When ready to flip the pancake, do it very carefully! I felt like my first pancake was going to break so I was extra cautious and used two spatulas to lift it up and flip it.
I made 3 pancakes and they turned out nice & fluffy!
They turned out pretty well and I had 2 pancakes with Grilled Apple Slices topped with Oatmeal, Goat cheese, & Chia Seeds!