Chicken Parm Panini
Just wanted to make something quick for lunch today. I used what I had at home and this took me less than 15 minutes to make. I even have left overs for the week to take to work!
2 chicken breasts
Pasta sauce of choice
1-2 cups egg whites
Whole wheat bread
Fresh basil leaves (optional)
Olive oil to heat the grill pan
1. Rinse the chicken breasts, pat dry, and cut in half horizontally. Pound flat and season with salt and pepper.
2. Dip the chicken breasts in egg white bowl, then coat with bread crumbs.
3. Heat the grill pan with olive oil and place coated chicken breasts in the pan.
4. I used a grill pan and allowed the chicken to cook for 8 minutes on medium high heat on each side.
5. I added a layer of pasta sauce on the bread, then placed the chicken breast, coated with pasta sauce again, and finished with adding from mozzarella cheese. Add fresh basil leaves (optional).
Ready in just 3 minutes in my panini maker!