Nutmeg spiced Spinach & Ricotta Gnudi
Pasta sauce of choice
3/4 cup chopped spinach
1 cup Ricotta cheese
1/8 cup Pecorino cheese
2 egg yolks (lightly beaten)
1/2 tsp nutmeg
1/2 cup whole wheat flour
2-3 tbsp breadcrumbs
Pepper to taste
1. Rinse spinach and sautee for about 4-5 minutes. Let the spinach cool slightly and squeeze out water. Chop and set aside
2. In a mixing bowl, lightly beat the egg yolks. Then add chopped spinach, ricotta and pecorino cheeses, flour, nutmeg, and pepper.
3. Shape the mix into small balls. Refrigerate the mix for about an hour. When ready to cook, booil a medium-sized pot with water.
4. Once the water is boiled, lower the heat so water is just simmering. Using a slotted spoon, slowly lower the gnudi in the water. In approximately 4-5 minutes, the gnudi will float to the surface. Place on a plate covered with a paper towel to strain off any excess water.
*Do not crowd the gnudi, work in batches if needed*
5. Heat another pan with pasta sauce or sauce of choice. Plate the gnudi and cover with pasta sauce. Enjoy immediately!