I didn't have enough chicken to make chicken tikka masala (a favorite) when I was inviting some of our friends over for dinner. However, I had some shrimp in the freezer and thought why not try something new. Shrimp is my favorite and together with some masala and coconut milk, it turned out delicious!
- ginger garlic paste
- prawn masala
- garam masala
- salt and black pepper to taste
- red chili powder (½-1 teaspoon)
- coconut milk or water
- ½ onion
- 1 tomato
- 2-3 green chili
- cilantro (optional)
1. Heat a pan with 1-2 teaspoons olive oil. Saute onions (first), tomato, and green chili until a little bit charred.
2. In a blender, add one cup water and the above contents and leave aside.
3. In the same pan or a separate pan, heat olive oil and add 1-2 teaspoons ginger garlic paste for 1 minute. Then add the shrimp. Cook the shrimp for 2 minutes each side.
4. Add the gravy from the blender to the pan with shrimp. Add salt, black pepper, 2 teaspoons prawn masala, 2 teaspoons garam masala, and red chili powder to taste.
5. Add 1/3 cup of coconut milk and stir. Cook for 5-8 minutes.
6. Garnish with cilantro.
Serve with rice or roti.